Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persistent World
Development Forum.

Welcome back, !

You are not connected. Please login or register

Plot System

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Default Plot System Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:14 pm

Guru

Guru

Ok, here is my overview of how we should work the plot system and storylining.

Main Plot-- The overall plot of Persistent World that overall may effect the characters of the world and pretty much describe the state in which the world is at the moment.

Minor Plot-- The plots in each and every city the may or may not effect the people in the city, but in general describes the overall state in which the city/town/ect Exist.

Sub Plots-- Completely Character based and defined by the RPers that join in expanse to their individual character and what is going on in their life. In other words, what describes the state in which the characters exist.

Casual Story-- Completely Character organized with no central plot or idea but more as whatever a person feels like doing in the world on that certain occasion. I would define this as describing the meat of the character in which it exist without effecting the plots or having anything to do with them on most occasions.

2Default Re: Plot System Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:03 pm

Alkeni

I agree with your basic idea. But I'm not sure if we can subdivide them all so neatly, because who knows ahead of time what effect an rp might happen in the world if what occurs is considered fully. Mabye a better division could be:

Quest Chains: For storylines within the PW that are essentially a series of 'quests' in differant locations (so to speak.)

Stand alone Quests: Storylines based in a single location/quest/along those lones

Character-development rps: These are pretty wildcard, because I've seen these types of rps change things in a Persistent world type of system. But mostly, CD rps, unlike the others, are probably going to be limited to a small group of players. Mabye even 'invitation only', in some cases.

Rough loose outline, I know.

3Default Re: Plot System Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:16 pm

Bunnay

Bunnay
Mod
Mod

I think me and Guru already discussed this but there is going to be a couple of people (probably me, Hex, Guru and a few others) who will be kind of a 'police' for PW. We'll give characters quests to go on, things to do, but it will be baby steps, one little thing at a time so nothing get's overly confusing. An example might be "Go to the tiki islands to find ____" or whatever. And it won't be like us messaging anyone, we'll present quests and such VIA in-character.

There really isn't a MAIN plot-- this is character based. The things that happen in this world depend on the creativity of our characters.

Guru I suggest you take a look at the Magic thread Hex put up and the thread I put up in Final Lore-- it will explain a lot of things -- if you haven't already.

http://roleplayerguild.com/members/bunnay

4Default Re: Plot System Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:04 pm

Guru

Guru

I think your misunderstanding me with the whole main plot thing. It isn't like an average plot, such as 'You need to kill this person because he did such and such and is trying to take over the world', but instead more of a general description of the 'state' or 'situation' may it be politically or economically in at the moment which overall may effect the entire World in a such 'ripple effect'.

5Default Re: Plot System Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:06 pm

Bunnay

Bunnay
Mod
Mod

That's not a plot then, hun. That's called "Background information"

Razz

6Default Re: Plot System Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:11 pm

Guru

Guru

Yea, I know but it isn't that simple either. I mean, not for a persistent world. A background story would be the creation of the worlds and things that have led up to the point in which the RP begins, but the Plot would rather be what is now going on which will inevitably effect the later structure of the world(s).

7Default Re: Plot System Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:12 pm

Bunnay

Bunnay
Mod
Mod

Well I think it's a little early to be worrying about that-- we've only got one thing in the Final Lore section. Once we've got some more "Absolutely Yes" items, then we can start writing the background which everyone will help out with.

8Default Re: Plot System Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:15 pm

Guru

Guru

Of course. I totally agree, but that was not what I was trying to do. I was simply taking some free time to develop a 'skeleton' per say of how the Rping in Persistent world will work.

9Default Re: Plot System Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:16 pm

Bunnay

Bunnay
Mod
Mod

I guess I'm not sure what you mean.
=/

10Default Re: Plot System Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:22 pm

Guru

Guru

Haha. My point is, I'm not trying to develop the 'Plot(s)', but rather sketch an outline as to how they are going to work.

11Default Re: Plot System Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:41 pm

Jellyfish

Jellyfish

Actually that sounds like an easier idea. Submit "realm skeletons/intro" to submit to the final lore instead of a million individual PW element idea submissions.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]