Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persistent World
Development Forum.

Welcome back, !

You are not connected. Please login or register

Persistent Universe GOES VIRAL!

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

1Default Persistent Universe GOES VIRAL! Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:00 pm

Guru

Guru

First topic message reminder :

STOP! STOP EVERYTHING!!!

I HAVE THE PERFECT IDEA THAT WILL SITUATE WHAT EVERYONE WANTS!!! Give me till tomorrow to post my Proposition for Persistent Universe. I think this will be hard to pass up. ^-^ >.> Or at least I think so...*gets the jitters as I get back to work.*

26Default Re: Persistent Universe GOES VIRAL! Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:38 pm

Guru

Guru

I know Bunnay, but the problem is, there will be no later. It is going to be hard to catch interest with one set world.

Matter of fact...go on Guild right now and look at the post that Hex put up...just about every person so far has their own idea for a different world, as every other person will...and if they can't get that interesting world that captures their attention then you won't get it and Persistent World will fall yet again before it even starts, simply because you are not giving them what they want...sure later you can go and add more, but by then it will be too late because they will all leave of boredom before another world can even open.

27Default Re: Persistent Universe GOES VIRAL! Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:40 pm

Bunnay

Bunnay
Mod
Mod

Thats not gonna happen.
We'll have every popular genre that people WANT
That's what this forum is for
to ask people what genre's they like
So we can add it to this world
Then everyone will be happy.

http://roleplayerguild.com/members/bunnay

28Default Re: Persistent Universe GOES VIRAL! Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:43 pm

Guru

Guru

Yea, but you won't be able to get everyone. Matter of fact your only going to peak the interest of those that have given you ideas...and even then, those people are going to get bored with it if they don't have something new they can switch to. That is another reason why I see no problem in worlds losing popularity and people going to a different one, because no matter what...that is going to happen.

29Default Re: Persistent Universe GOES VIRAL! Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:18 pm

Bunnay

Bunnay
Mod
Mod

I disree with you, unfortunately.

30Default Re: Persistent Universe GOES VIRAL! Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:35 am

Hex

Hex
Admin

If we have too large a canvas people will draw there own thing and the things they draw won't touch, making it not that fun.

https://pwdev.rpg-board.net

31Default Re: Persistent Universe GOES VIRAL! Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:47 am

Jellyfish

Jellyfish

Wow...

Ok let me add my two sense. I honestly believe both of you have presented plans that are way too complicated at least to start with, they are more like plans for your own site instead of a feature on RPG. Here's my lame idea:

Skip all the magic planning, the possible creatures, religions, dividing it up by skill level ooc and ic etc etc. It's too much. All of that is already available on this site and any other rp site...boring. You are trying to create a unique world/realm/environment where players can come at any time and find a story to pop into with out the bother of drumming up interest with individual plot ooc's or finding someone to play with.

Instead pick people...leaders that will be responsible for a specific realm..create a basic skeleton of whats in it. Thin cheesy example: Crystal Havens a beautiful city where angels and spirits tend to weary souls, is ruled by the great Goddess Hefra and the Sapphire stone blahblahblha details and description of the land... It will attract the interested characters and the mod or whatever could possibly control the Goddess character and help guide anyone who comes into the realm. They would not have to participate in every plot line but they could keep it in check if need be.

My point is, create the basic worlds/realms/planet and let the people create the lore for it and maybe a simple rule to keep in check is to use common sense as to what world you throw your character in. If the cyborg/android/ alien zombie wants to bust up pixie land with is turbo cannon he should be prepared to get his booty handed to him by the fierce Pixie Extermination Crew who blast him back to where he should be, render him powerless or kill him (meaning kick out that character for ruining the realm) Be creative peoples, either roll with the idiot or creatively kick him out. (with the freedom to create a new character...maybe a three strikes you're banned rule lol) The options are endless. So here is my sketch:

PW
    a. news- rules announcements, contest winners etc
    b. general CS

Havens(spirit)
    a. special quest CS
    b. ooc
    c. ic

1. healing pool
    2. forbidden love
    3. the breech war (angels vs demons woohoo!)
    4. etc

Underworld (demon)
    a. special quest CS
    b. ooc
    c. ic

1. Lucifer's Disco (lol)
    2. etc

Planet Hu'lech (space futuristic stuffs)

Dragon Mountain

Pixie Party Palace (ya i know, dumb titles but im just pulling this outta my a.ss)

random steam-punk title

random genre title

etc... more as interest develops.

Totally character driven. They add the areas. Example- if someone joins in and forms an alliance head quarters on Hu'lech he has just opened the door the other for players to create characters from other planets.

If a player comes along and puts a healing pool tended by virgin mermaids at the base of mount Blahblah in the Havens she has started an open plot line for anyone to dive in.

Make it character driven by creating an open world that obviously appeals to the different genres and throw a mod in charge of each one. Keep rules minimum. Period.

It's an idea. Smile My listing didn't work out right but you get the general picture. Very Happy

32Default Re: Persistent Universe GOES VIRAL! Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:18 am

Bunnay

Bunnay
Mod
Mod

That's exactly what I mean, Jellyfish. I wanted to separate the threads by GENRE/Location so that all posts in every section would be related. Plus I think it would be smarter to stick to ONE planet for now.

Persistent World (Title of the section, not a clickable link)

NEWS- News about PW, contests, ect go here
PW BACKGROUND- Basic info about PW goes here
CHARACTER SHEETS- Everyones CS's go here
IN-CHARACTER
(Inside In-character would look like this)
-City in the Sky
**OOC
-Underground City
**OOC
-Ocean City of Atlantis
**OOC
-Metropolis City
**OOC
-Fantasy Forest
**OOC
-Tiki Islands
**OOC
-Space Exploration
**OOC
-Spirit Realm
**OOC
-Demon Realm
**OOC
-Ect, ect, ect

Then inside every one of those subforums for each genre, would be an OOC section.

This way EVERYTHING is organized, all posts will be related, even the OOC ones. The only thing thats not separated per Genre is CHARACTER SHEETS. Everyone gets one thread for all their CS's that they can keep adding to, to prevent ultimate clutter.

This format pleases everyone and it's extremely easy to understand.

Plus, inside every genre-sub-forum would be a sticky thread with information ALL about that particular place so everyone is educated about it. No confusion, no obligation, nothing. A monkey could do this easily.

Last edited by Bunnay on Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total

33Default Re: Persistent Universe GOES VIRAL! Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:30 am

Hex

Hex
Admin

We also need a lore/planet section.

34Default Re: Persistent Universe GOES VIRAL! Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:36 am

Bunnay

Bunnay
Mod
Mod

Thats what the space exploration section is for, Hex. Regardless, what I just posted was a basic outline for what it would look like. I edited it to show where the OOC would go. I'm not sure if you can make double sub-forum (forum inside a sub-forum) but if not then there can just be stickied threads for OOC.

Also if you go look at the thread that Hex moved to Final Lore (the ONLY thread there!) you can see some examples of how your location (aka, the genre/section) affects your magic use and technology.

All of this information is extremely crucial, so everyone needs to read it.

35Default Re: Persistent Universe GOES VIRAL! Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:40 am

Jellyfish

Jellyfish

Awesome.

So if that is the plan we should change this whole process then. Eliminate the lists of details on races and the like... and concentrate on official names for the subforums, establishing the common ideas (magic usage between realms). From there, develop those realm basic profiles (insert very brief histories of the realm and what is there at the start). Let the characters who participate format the rest of the lore. Even easier..a crippled monkey could do it. Very Happy

Oh and add my idea of the special CS section for questies. Please please. Let's vote on it. Very Happy

36Default Re: Persistent Universe GOES VIRAL! Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:43 am

Bunnay

Bunnay
Mod
Mod

Make a thread for it, XD
I'll vote yes-- I can see where that section would come in handy.

Otherwise, I'd say we're on the same page. Dunno if Guru is going to be thrilled though.

37Default Re: Persistent Universe GOES VIRAL! Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:58 am

Jellyfish

Jellyfish

He might like it. I could see him being interested in quest creation part.

Just so I am clear. Like this...?

Spirit realm (Havens)
  1. Quest CS Cool
  2. OOC
  3. IC

• The Healing pool
  • A Breech in paradise
  • etc more character created IC threads

38Default Re: Persistent Universe GOES VIRAL! Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:00 pm

Hex

Hex
Admin

Shouldn't we leave these things for the players to do?
Also, i'm going to try and make a map like this for our planet.

Persistent Universe GOES VIRAL! - Page 2 Map%2026

39Default Re: Persistent Universe GOES VIRAL! Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:07 pm

Jellyfish

Jellyfish

Those are just random titles that the character would make up..i was just filling in space to show forum break up.

40Default Re: Persistent Universe GOES VIRAL! Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:31 pm

Bunnay

Bunnay
Mod
Mod

That's a big map...
o.o

41Default Re: Persistent Universe GOES VIRAL! Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:32 pm

Jellyfish

Jellyfish

it is big but a map will be very useful.

42Default Re: Persistent Universe GOES VIRAL! Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:34 pm

Grayecastle

Grayecastle

Bunnay the steampunk and fantasy worls are not seperated and on your sticky list I dont think those are finalized

43Default Re: Persistent Universe GOES VIRAL! Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:37 pm

Bunnay

Bunnay
Mod
Mod

They aren't -worlds- first of all. They are parts of the same planet. Secondly, they will be separated. Everyone needs to chill out about the genre's, It's all taken care of, everyone is going to fine. The ones I listed are just SOME of the examples, there will be more genre's besides that.

44Default Re: Persistent Universe GOES VIRAL! Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:38 pm

Grayecastle

Grayecastle

Im kinda worried about the multi themes, they can be a game killer if they arent handled right, which would be put into your hands cuz u made em or hex idk

45Default Re: Persistent Universe GOES VIRAL! Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:41 pm

Hex

Hex
Admin

Are you talking about the animals?

Can we please put some description into mythological animals.

Magic Chicken
Gallus Gallus Magicus
The Magic chicken has the power to set whatever it wishes on fire, this is usually pet food and owners.
NE (Nearly extinct)

Everyone - the places bunnay talked about where just examples, we need to discuss the real paces in geographic and political please.

Basically the diffrent genres would work like this.
On one island there will be no technology, in a diffrent country there will be magic and technology and they will be diverse.
You can bring a gun/magic into the no-technology/no-magic place respectivly and then you can hunt down the pygmies (I'm digressing but seriously, shooting them will be fun!)

46Default Re: Persistent Universe GOES VIRAL! Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:41 pm

Bunnay

Bunnay
Mod
Mod

We're still working on that. I'm thinking it might be better to say that characters made for one section can't go to another section-- you'd have to make a new character for each section you want to play in; that way nothing gets out of order. OR (OR, people, OR) we can make some kind of rules that prohibits bringing guns into a fantasy section so that character can't just shoot the dragon instead of slaying it with a sword like he was meant to do.

Ya know?

47Default Re: Persistent Universe GOES VIRAL! Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:44 pm

Hex

Hex
Admin

I don't think someone bringing magic or someone bringing a gun into the wrong section will do anything much, it'll just be restrictive if our guns disintergrate if we hit a fantasy section.

Also, this splitting of genres is rigid, let them intertwine a bit.

48Default Re: Persistent Universe GOES VIRAL! Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:45 pm

Grayecastle

Grayecastle

TERRIBLE IDEA the thing im trying to get through is that very thing, we are trying to get everything together to make a connected living player affected world

49Default Re: Persistent Universe GOES VIRAL! Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:47 pm

Bunnay

Bunnay
Mod
Mod

Look all I'm saying is that the IC (the part where you do the roleplaying) would be split up by GENRE/LOCATION-- from there, you can do whatever the hell you want. But we NEED to organize it that way.

50Default Re: Persistent Universe GOES VIRAL! Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:48 pm

Grayecastle

Grayecastle

I believe thats not what hex just said

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next