Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Should this be incuded.

78% 78% [ 7 ]
22% 22% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

1Default On The Theme on Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:13 am

First topic message reminder :

I've just read the thread from Bunnay about the ideas regarding the multiple themes, and I had an idea. There was mention of a Steampunk soceity, a Technological one, and a magical one. And I had a thought; what if all this technology is powered by a single source, like in Final Fantasy 7?

This might be a catalyst for events; perhaps each society drawns upon the energy differently, making it less potent for the otehr societies?

Just a thought.

View user profile

26Default Re: On The Theme on Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:39 pm

Steampunk tech uses coal to boil water to create the steam....like they did in reality...not geothermal vents

View user profile

27Default Re: On The Theme on Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:40 pm

Yes, I realize that's how it worked in reality, but I'm sure a steampunk civilization could use steam/heat/whatever from geothermal vents. Besides, this isn't reality.

However, not for everything. Anything that isn't completely grounded wouldn't be using the vents, of course.

View user profile

28Default Re: On The Theme on Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:44 pm

Not just plain motor oil, people. lol An oily substance. Something that can be mined or flows from some underground spring or whatever and is just a common source of power/magic...not the only source.

View user profile

29Default Re: On The Theme on Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:58 pm

Jellyfish wrote:Not just plain motor oil, people. lol An oily substance. Something that can be mined or flows from some underground spring or whatever and is just a common source of power/magic...not the only source.

View user profile

30Default Re: On The Theme on Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:06 pm

lol.

think of it as mana or something and each section calls it by a different name. A common, not exclusive source of power/magic.

View user profile

31Default Re: On The Theme on Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:04 pm

I'm not getting hung up on the idea of oil. Magic and tech should NOT come from the same source.

View user profile

32Default Re: On The Theme on Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:40 am

Alkeni wrote:I'm not getting hung up on the idea of oil. Magic and tech should NOT come from the same source.

So don't get hung up on it. Smile
It is only and OPTION not the sole source of tech power or magic source. A suggestion of a common thread we throw into the land for one who is interested to play with. If people don't like it they won't pay any attention to it. What's the harm?

View user profile

33Default Re: On The Theme on Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:28 pm

I disagree with trying to be too original with the common power scource. A big problem with the last PW was that everything was supposed to be 'original' but in fact was the same damn thing with a wierd name that basically shouted to every person who hadn't read the huge argument over said names "Run! Run away! This is complicated!"

Crystaks are a good idea as is an oil like substance but lets not try to tie this to a plot before we even have everything sorted out.

Just to contribute my own idea, how about energy that is released from all living things when they die and is collected by large crystals mounted atop spires within cities whose power pertains to this scource. the larger the crystal the larger the city or the more advanced the tech. Some places like the aforementioned Tiki islands wouldn't have any such crystals or only a very small one.

These crystals and their positions on spires/towers above cities would make them very influential to the world around them. They would be primary objectives during battles to take control of the city, kingdoms or countries that had excess crystals would have higher tech and could tamper witht he power balances of smaller factions by feeding them more crystals.

Just a quick brainstorm.

View user profile

34Default Re: On The Theme on Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:32 pm

this guy rules

View user profile

35Default Re: On The Theme on Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:35 pm

Rook wrote:I disagree with trying to be too original with the common power scource. A big problem with the last PW was that everything was supposed to be 'original' but in fact was the same damn thing with a wierd name that basically shouted to every person who hadn't read the huge argument over said names "Run! Run away! This is complicated!"

Crystaks are a good idea as is an oil like substance but lets not try to tie this to a plot before we even have everything sorted out.

Just to contribute my own idea, how about energy that is released from all living things when they die and is collected by large crystals mounted atop spires within cities whose power pertains to this scource. the larger the crystal the larger the city or the more advanced the tech. Some places like the aforementioned Tiki islands wouldn't have any such crystals or only a very small one.

These crystals and their positions on spires/towers above cities would make them very influential to the world around them. They would be primary objectives during battles to take control of the city, kingdoms or countries that had excess crystals would have higher tech and could tamper witht he power balances of smaller factions by feeding them more crystals.

Just a quick brainstorm.

I like it.

View user profile

36Default Re: On The Theme on Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:51 pm

I vote yes to both the idea presented in the poll, and Rook's idea of the energy spires/crystals. I can't think of anything off the top of my head that would make that cliche and it also supports the idea I presented in the pirates thread only moments ago about the clash between different classes or communities.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum