Persistent World
Development Forum.

Welcome back, !

You are not connected. Please login or register

Reorganizing our thinking.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Default Reorganizing our thinking. on Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:23 pm

I feel we should agree on some official names for the genre sub forums and list them in the Final Lore once we all agree on them, BEFORE we move on with what in and whats not. From there build the brief beginning histories of each one as they are decided.
So the final lore section would look like this:

* Final lore world wide rules (or something catchier)
1. Realm one (insert titles here..havens spirit realm whatever)
2. Realm two
3. etc

Beside each realm will be the brief starting history based on the votes and discussions contained in the forum.

View user profile

2Default Re: Reorganizing our thinking. on Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:34 pm

Hex

Admin
Can someone explain this realm business?

View user profile http://pwdev.forumotion.com

3Default Re: Reorganizing our thinking. on Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:38 pm

I think Jelly is confused.

Not all of them are realms, hun. Just the Spirit and Demon and possibly some other if we come up with it. But the places like (for example) Tiki islands or Underground City, are not realms. It's places on our planet just like we have cities on Earth.

4Default Re: Reorganizing our thinking. on Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:40 pm

bunnay posted it somewhere. basically how the different genres are separated...just a subforum for the different places on the map. I'm just using the word realm, but what else should I say..we don't have cites or country names yet. Smile

View user profile

5Default Re: Reorganizing our thinking. on Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:43 pm

Sections. xD

6Default Re: Reorganizing our thinking. on Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:43 pm

...yeah what she said. Razz

View user profile

7Default Re: Reorganizing our thinking. on Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:29 am

Jellyfish wrote:I feel we should agree on some official names for the genre sub forums and list them in the Final Lore once we all agree on them, BEFORE we move on with what in and whats not. From there build the brief beginning histories of each one as they are decided.
So the final lore section would look like this:

* Final lore world wide rules (or something catchier)
1. Realm one (insert titles here..havens spirit realm whatever)
2. Realm two
3. etc

Beside each realm will be the brief starting history based on the votes and discussions contained in the forum.

Okay change realm to sections. But my point has not been addressed. Let me restate it in detail.

We are trying to create a world that will attract players, be open to a variety of genres and a fun place to hang out with your favorite character. Basically we are building a SETTING for a massively large role-play arena. This effort will fail if we concentrate on PLOT centered ideas. Saying things like- only this kind of suit is allowed or this type of weapon, this type of magic etc is unproductive toward the goal. Where are we gonna put that big scary list of do's and don'ts?

We create the world put BASIC things in place as a starter with as few rules as possible and then open our little amusement park and let the fun begin.

The map Hex is making is a wonderful idea. Love it! So my suggestion is we start there, label some sections give them names and then throw up some scenery like Grayecastles pirate intro thingy(which is awesome). It didn't say pirates can only be here and they can't have magic and must wear orange bandannas lol, it was just a brief descriptive summary of what is in a particular section. Sweet!

After we label and describe the different areas we throw up the widely accepted, universal rp rules (no godmodding, no over powered stuff, kill with permission from player, don't destroy the world etc) and add a few PW rules that we have been tossing around and debating [the following statements are examples to show what I'm talking about. I know they are still being discussed.] such as if you move to another section with your character this or that will not be available or work etc, PW has a common magic source that is a valuable blue oil found in many areas throughout the world but there are others..and so on, but keep them general and as few as possible.

Next could be the awesome beastiary and I would also suggest a peoples/clan lists be started that would keep track of the different clans that arise. Another one for major NPC's that we should create and only the mods control. Additions could be made to these lists as the world grows and progresses.

Just an idea to make things easier to plan and to reduce wasted discussion on things I feel players should establish.

View user profile

8Default Re: Reorganizing our thinking. on Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:22 am

I agree completely. We need to start basic. Make a map, name some places, throw up the PW and GO FROM THERE. All this pre-planning (since there is so few of us) is taking away from everyone else who ISN'T giving an opinion. We just need to get PW's basic outline up and let people GO.

9Default Re: Reorganizing our thinking. on Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:34 pm

Bunnay wrote:I agree completely. We need to start basic. Make a map, name some places, throw up the PW and GO FROM THERE. All this pre-planning (since there is so few of us) is taking away from everyone else who ISN'T giving an opinion. We just need to get PW's basic outline up and let people GO.

*dances*

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum