Welcome back, !

You are not connected. Please login or register

Agreement finally :)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Default Agreement finally :) on Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:56 am

Hex

Admin
Here's what I've established.

There will just be a list of creatures in PW if they exist in the real world, creature that don't exist will have a one pharagraph descripion underneath.

Origional creations are allowed to be made on the board but not actually in the game because of firstly the chaos that it would cause to have pikachu's and whatever cheap anime animals kids are into these days. If people want new creatures ingame they have to win a competition which I'll host every five days.

View user profile http://pwdev.forumotion.com

2Default Re: Agreement finally :) on Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:26 pm

Seems reasonible enough.

View user profile

3Default Re: Agreement finally :) on Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:46 pm

I have an addition in mind, it's the way we did things over at the Traverlerstory boards. (Before they were taken down.) We give a template for a creature (not intelligent) which people can fill out and post. The mods or the general public will take a vote on it, if it gets more than 75% acceptance, then we can include it.

But that may not work as well here as it did there.

View user profile

4Default Re: Agreement finally :) on Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm

Hex

Admin
I hope travellerstory boards get put back up.
but thats what we are basically doing here right now, putting a poll on everything that we decide to have.
And instead of a template we have to just describe it because a template is 'too restrictive'

5Default Re: Agreement finally :) on Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:00 pm

I do believe we are making it a contest thing simply so we can regulate the amount of custom creatures that are intigrated into the game. After all I would be really pissed off if I was in charge of updating the Beastiary and I found a crap load of templates with just over 75% of the votes. Also while a creature may be favorable to the public, I think the mods should discuss it to see if the induction of such a creature is even possible.

Essentially I think the processing system should go like this:

Step 1: have a set amount of suggestions that will be taken in every week. First come first serve, if yours gets in late, you are told it got in late and to try again next week.

Step 2: spend a day or two watering down the entires to a more managble number, say Five.

Step 3: Release these suggestions to the public for voting.

Step 4: tally the votes, run the winner (and possibly the runner up depending on the closeness of the scores) through one last final check and submit them to the Beastiary.

I also think there should be a few days intermission between contests to be honest so people have time to revise their entries and so judges have time to water down said entries. However if the turnout for entries is not very large then the first two stes arn't needed and we can jump right to step 3.

View user profile

6Default Re: Agreement finally :) on Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:09 am

Hex

Admin
Ok, I will do that.
People will sometimes vote for things for teh lulz so we need to filter the options.

Between contests it goes.
Enter your creature, filter your creature, vote on the creature, get the creature. I think that in the filter and vote part people can revise there creatures.

Also this should be held monthly instead of weekly, weekly will clog up the bestary.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum