Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persistent World
Development Forum.

Welcome back, !

You are not connected. Please login or register

Allowing people to rule?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Default Allowing people to rule? Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:36 am

Hex

Hex
Admin

How about every two months we have a general election (officially) and that person is in charge, people can become police and enforce any rules he creates and there can be planned Coup dé Etats.

I was thinking that this could give the person access to the palace.
Outlawing murder would really make people kill people realisticly (dump there body in a lake or drench them in gasoline).

Guards would work for whoever the leader was and laws would be put in a consennsus.

Imagine how great it would be to be voted president.

https://pwdev.rpg-board.net

2Default Re: Allowing people to rule? Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:41 pm

Rook

Imagine how horrible the campaigns would be, the assasinations, the constant removing of laws that the successor doesn't like. We can go a head and make a leadership without having the players involved. (yes I know that sounds dull but listen first) We name a few names, give a few titles and draw up somewhat deceant backstories to add a little shine to the product and place these NPCs as the rulers of the different world powers. Whenever these characters need to be interacted with or are to make an appearence then a PW specific moderator can do the puppeteering as long as he/she is fair and deceant.

If we hold elections every two months then the winner will have half their term up before all the votes are cast. Most people will vote for themselves unless a handfull of players (and I do mean a hand full as that is all there will need to be) get together and conspire to elect one indivigual as a leader who will give the rest power or perhaps choose a manipulatable candidate whom they can influence without showing their faces. Personnally I think this is a bit too political and grants too much power. Lets find out how many major powers we will have first then talk politics.

3Default Re: Allowing people to rule? Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:38 pm

Grayecastle

Grayecastle

politics is a very tricky business

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum