Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persistent World
Development Forum.

Welcome back, !

You are not connected. Please login or register

Demon & Spirit Realms

+2
Jellyfish
Bunnay
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Yes Or No?

Demon & Spirit Realms Vote_lcap71%Demon & Spirit Realms Vote_rcap 71% [ 5 ]
Demon & Spirit Realms Vote_lcap29%Demon & Spirit Realms Vote_rcap 29% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 7

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Default Demon & Spirit Realms Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:03 pm

Bunnay

Bunnay
Mod
Mod

Realms are places that non-human races can open and enter. Humans can enter them but they can't open them-- so most of the time when a human enters a realm it is by accident.

Demon Realm-- A place where all evil creatures lurk and live. I imagine it to be like an underworld type of place, with murky swamps and huge forests where faceless demons wander and prey on humans who don't belong or who were damned there for eternity.

Spirit Realm-- The opposite of the Demon realm. It is a place where spirits come from, and unlike the scary murky forests in the demon realm, the spirit realm consists of many villages with electricty powered by spirits. Spirit animals (see magic thread) can be found here if humans find a way to enter and wish to find themselves a spirit-animal.

Other realms can be suggested/created but these are the two I had in mind.

http://roleplayerguild.com/members/bunnay

2Default Re: Demon & Spirit Realms Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:12 pm

Jellyfish

Jellyfish

Demon realm sounds generically demonish enough. I like it. The spirit realm...eehh...the electricity thing seems odd and out of place. Just let it be powered by the spiritual essence or something more ethereal.

So I vote yes on their existence in PW. But can we work on/discuss the description for the spirit realm?

Oh yeah an how about naming them Havens and Underworld? Those are my suggested names, I'm sure everyone has an idea for a name or two.

3Default Re: Demon & Spirit Realms Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:32 pm

Grayecastle

Grayecastle

how bout we name it heaven and hell! why not that

4Default Re: Demon & Spirit Realms Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:36 pm

Hex

Hex
Admin

Because this is just diffrent, almost like a parralel universe. No biblical implications.

I like the electricity, it intertwines technology and magic in perfect harmony.

https://pwdev.rpg-board.net

5Default Re: Demon & Spirit Realms Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:37 pm

Grayecastle

Grayecastle

it is no biblical reference they are known universaly. I like the name Haven but I dislike underworld

6Default Re: Demon & Spirit Realms Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:55 pm

Jellyfish

Jellyfish

In a spirit realm? electricity..??...I'd accept spirit juice over that. lol Razz

7Default Re: Demon & Spirit Realms Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:03 pm

Hex

Hex
Admin

Jellyfish wrote:In a spirit realm? electricity..??...I'd accept spirit juice over that. lol Razz

Its a realm with spirits in, that means there are other animals.
And other animals want electricity.

8Default Re: Demon & Spirit Realms Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:06 pm

Grayecastle

Grayecastle

sounds stupid I recommend we rethink this idea

9Default Re: Demon & Spirit Realms Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:07 pm

Jellyfish

Jellyfish

Grayecastle wrote:sounds stupid I recommend we rethink this idea

Amen!

10Default Re: Demon & Spirit Realms Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:07 pm

Bunnay

Bunnay
Mod
Mod

You guys, what I meant was that the spirits energy power the electricty.

Has anyone seen the anime film "Spirited Away" ? That's the kind of city I'm talking about.

The demon realm is more of a dark swampy place with no real city. It's more like hell and there are all kinds of creepy demonic creatures lurking in it.

11Default Re: Demon & Spirit Realms Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:09 pm

Jellyfish

Jellyfish

Bunnay wrote:You guys, what I meant was that the spirits energy power the electricty.

Has anyone seen the anime film "Spirited Away" ? That's the kind of city I'm talking about.

The demon realm is more of a dark swampy place with no real city. It's more like hell and there are all kinds of creepy demonic creatures lurking in it.

Ok! Not quite as weird now that you've explained it a little more. Not my cup of tea but I can see it working..I guess. Razz

Edit** so is that a nix on the spirit juice then? jk jk! XD

12Default Re: Demon & Spirit Realms Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:17 pm

Rook

I believe the masic idea that Bunnay is trying to get across is a hell and a heaven but both are given politically correct names (Deamon Realm, Spirit Realm)and arn't given generic designs but still carry the feel of both concepts. I think we should totally avoid the term 'electricity' and just stick with 'power' so that no one mistakes electricity to be the form of power we know today in the real world.

If I understand bunnay's descriptions then essentially a fuse blew in the deamon realm and no one bothered to replace it while the Spirit Realm has like a thousand flood lamps with endless energy being fed to them.

13Default Re: Demon & Spirit Realms Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:19 pm

Bunnay

Bunnay
Mod
Mod

No, I just mean that there isn't any 'power' in the demon realm.

It's a dark evil place, no need for power, because everything there is out to eat you/kill you.

The spirit realm is the GOOD realm. It's modeled after the city in Spirited Away (Kind of a Japanese feel to it)and the city itself is powered by the spirits energy.

And it's not heaven and hell. They are realms.

14Default Re: Demon & Spirit Realms Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:25 pm

Grayecastle

Grayecastle

they aint anything yet, we still havnt got a final vote vote NO pplz no offense bunnay this is just generic though

15Default Re: Demon & Spirit Realms Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:27 pm

Jellyfish

Jellyfish

I think we should totally avoid the term 'electricity' and just stick with 'power' so that no one mistakes electricity to be the form of power we know today in the real world.

I agree. 'Energy' and 'power' work better than 'electricity'.

No, I just mean that there isn't any 'power' in the demon realm.

It's a dark evil place, no need for power, because everything there is out to eat you/kill you.

The spirit realm is the GOOD realm. It's modeled after the city in Spirited Away (Kind of a Japanese feel to it)and the city itself is powered by the spirits energy.

And it's not heaven and hell. They are realms.

but similar enough to heaven and hell anyway.
Maybe they can have spirit juice in hell. XD

Generic, yes but popular non the less.

16Default Re: Demon & Spirit Realms Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:36 pm

Rook

To the matter of the actual voting of their exsistance...Whats the point of their exsistance?

I mean...do we REALLY need parallel universes? As I said int he planet thread, lets get the main world down first, then decide on these extra things.

17Default Re: Demon & Spirit Realms Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:39 pm

Bunnay

Bunnay
Mod
Mod

*facepalm*

Shush, Gray. That's extremely rude to say.

The point is simply that it's interesting and fun.

18Default Re: Demon & Spirit Realms Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:44 pm

Jellyfish

Jellyfish

Rook wrote:To the matter of the actual voting of their exsistance...Whats the point of their exsistance?

I mean...do we REALLY need parallel universes? As I said int he planet thread, lets get the main world down first, then decide on these extra things.

I agree about the planets being put on hold, but planning just these two is not too much.

19Default Re: Demon & Spirit Realms Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:45 pm

Rook

....I don't think this is something we should set in stone....at all. Then when people die they can just say "I came back through the Spirit realm an now you can't kill me so I can do whatever I want" also...I just don't see a NEED to place the forces of Good and Evil in their own little worlds...its so bland.

I'm sorry but I don't find either to be intresting or fun at the moment.

20Default Re: Demon & Spirit Realms Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:46 pm

Grayecastle

Grayecastle

exactly rook

21Default Re: Demon & Spirit Realms Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:46 pm

Bunnay

Bunnay
Mod
Mod

That's fine, it's just one opinion.

22Default Re: Demon & Spirit Realms Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:18 am

Hex

Hex
Admin

Non-human races? what if another race can open it, that'll defeat the point.
I think this would be better.
'No mortal can open it'

23Default Re: Demon & Spirit Realms Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:13 am

Rook

Well that means that anyone who can open it can't be killed meaning that those who can open it must be mod controlled NPCs. It would work well for a plot line but we don't need the realms to be actual areas at all times. The reason we don't need to pre-establish these realms in the world before a plot line involving them takes place is becuase of the simple fact that they are realms.

"Why didn't we know about these before?"

"They are realms, usually you have to be dead to get to these realms. Have you ever been dead? I didn't think so."

We could include them into the culture and religion part but I don't think they belong in geographical and political.

24Default Re: Demon & Spirit Realms Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:03 pm

Hex

Hex
Admin

Well, if someone plays an undead creature they could get away with it probably.
I think these should be places to visit, not places to go when your dead.
When your dead your dead.

25Default Re: Demon & Spirit Realms Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:02 pm

Bunnay

Bunnay
Mod
Mod

You dont have to be dead to enter them, Rook.

Certain Non-human races can open the realms, not all of them Hex, I just didn't clarify because I'm not sure which races should be allowed to open realms.

Humans can enter these realms but USUALLY it's because it was either an accident, or because they snuck into them with whatever was opening it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum