Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persistent World
Development Forum.

Welcome back, !

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pirates of PW

+3
Bunnay
Hex
Grayecastle
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Should this be incuded.

Pirates of PW - Page 2 Vote_lcap89%Pirates of PW - Page 2 Vote_rcap 89% [ 8 ]
Pirates of PW - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%Pirates of PW - Page 2 Vote_rcap 11% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

1Default Pirates of PW Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:02 pm

Grayecastle

Grayecastle

First topic message reminder :

Menaces of the sea they have been called, robbing, pillaging, and causing trouble wherever they go. The pirates of persistant world differ from the pirates of ours. Their ships run off of crystals scavenged from the bottom of the sea, the power allows the complex system within the pirate ships to manuever and speed up the ships greatly. The pirates aren't entirely anarchist though they have a head of goverment. They call their goverment system "the code" based on an island far to the west. The code offers jobs, sells ships, and everything imbetween. The pirates use the code as...guidelines and sometimes totaly disregard it. The code sometimes causes civil wars within itself, not uncommon for pirates. Other than these things purates pretty much act like pirates.

this isn't a very good post sorry

26Default Re: Pirates of PW Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:36 pm

Grayecastle

Grayecastle

Is this going to final lore?

27Default Re: Pirates of PW Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:37 pm

Hex

Hex
Admin

One more day.

https://pwdev.rpg-board.net

28Default Re: Pirates of PW Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:40 pm

Grayecastle

Grayecastle

ok I can wait...... BAAAAH lol

29Default Re: Pirates of PW Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:44 pm

Hex

Hex
Admin

Yeh... big man, wouldn't want to cross him and his cyberkinetic hook hand and eye.

30Default Re: Pirates of PW Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:58 pm

Grayecastle

Grayecastle

no match for a guy with a dagger in his teeth!

31Default Re: Pirates of PW Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:01 pm

Hex

Hex
Admin

That dagger looks bendy y'no.

32Default Re: Pirates of PW Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:01 pm

Grayecastle

Grayecastle

that way I can curve shank you

33Default Re: Pirates of PW Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:17 pm

Grayecastle

Grayecastle

your forum not mine

34Default Re: Pirates of PW Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:17 pm

Hex

Hex
Admin

Yeh, it was spam.

35Default Re: Pirates of PW Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:32 pm

RecAgenda

RecAgenda
Admin

I'm voting yes.

Pirates add to the criminal underground of any world and any setting. Whether the setting is cyberpunk, steampunk, modern, or even fantasy, pirates are pirates. They're not always on a ship with cannons and hook-ish knives or swords with eye-patches and parrots.

C'mon on guys, think outside the box here. Smile

Remember also that when you add classes (such as pirates) of characters to the world then you create two things, you create diversity and you create community. Communities of characters will come together to share their ideals with others of similar minds. Diversity will ensure that communities are different in comparison.

My point: You get an "Earthly" world, meaning that there are different communities, each with their advantages and disadvantages. Some communities of characters may considered "third-world" and using steam punk. Where others may be wielding high-yield proton cannons and laser-beams.

The world of today, our world, is very much like this. In one region, things seem to be very feudal and 'behind on time'. Where in other regions, like Japan or the USA, we are very much modern and high-tech. You can create a world with different classes and merging time zones, because our own world is very much a true representing of such a fantasy.

I hope this solves our dilemma.

36Default Re: Pirates of PW Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:44 pm

Rook

Definatly have pirates. If we include modern tech in the mainline world (as in there is a region where tech that actually exsists today exsists) there would still be pirates just their boat would not match the military grade boats.

and to tap on the modern tech statement I just made, I suggest it be made availble in all area with a tech level higher then steampunk. It shouldn't work exactly the same though and shouldn't include exact replicas of that which we already have. By this I mean that it can still be modern but we can have those unreasonible things to go along with them. Ex:Aircraft carrier with a roof over the main deck.

37Default Re: Pirates of PW Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:53 pm

RecAgenda

RecAgenda
Admin

Rook wrote:Definatly have pirates. If we include modern tech in the mainline world (as in there is a region where tech that actually exsists today exsists) there would still be pirates just their boat would not match the military grade boats.

and to tap on the modern tech statement I just made, I suggest it be made availble in all area with a tech level higher then steampunk. It shouldn't work exactly the same though and shouldn't include exact replicas of that which we already have. By this I mean that it can still be modern but we can have those unreasonible things to go along with them. Ex:Aircraft carrier with a roof over the main deck.

Or an AK-47 versus a the M4/M203 attachment. Wink

38Default Re: Pirates of PW Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:00 pm

Rook

RecAgenda wrote:
Rook wrote:Definatly have pirates. If we include modern tech in the mainline world (as in there is a region where tech that actually exsists today exsists) there would still be pirates just their boat would not match the military grade boats.

me not speak gun that well so imma just smile and nod on that.

39Default Re: Pirates of PW Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:04 pm

Grayecastle

Grayecastle

Its pretty safe to say that tomorrow this is going into final lore

40Default Re: Pirates of PW Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:10 pm

RecAgenda

RecAgenda
Admin

RecAgenda wrote:

It comes with the military career. Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum