Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persistent World
Development Forum.

Welcome back, !

You are not connected. Please login or register

Persistent Universe GOES VIRAL!

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Default Persistent Universe GOES VIRAL! Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:00 pm

Guru

Guru

STOP! STOP EVERYTHING!!!

I HAVE THE PERFECT IDEA THAT WILL SITUATE WHAT EVERYONE WANTS!!! Give me till tomorrow to post my Proposition for Persistent Universe. I think this will be hard to pass up. ^-^ >.> Or at least I think so...*gets the jitters as I get back to work.*

2Default Re: Persistent Universe GOES VIRAL! Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:15 pm

Bunnay

Bunnay
Mod
Mod

D: Whaaaat is it!

Tell me nooooow XD

http://roleplayerguild.com/members/bunnay

3Default Re: Persistent Universe GOES VIRAL! Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:05 pm

Jellyfish

Jellyfish

oh the suspense! Razz

4Default Re: Persistent Universe GOES VIRAL! Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:16 pm

Guru

Guru

--Persistent Universe Roleplaying
***Sticky Note: Guide to The Persistent Universe

A. Universal Meta-World (Name?)
1. Meta World: OOC
2. Meta News

B. Basic Worlds
1. Basic Worlds: OOC
2. Basic Worlds: Interest Checks
3. Basic Worlds: News
4. Basic Meta World (Name?)

C. Casual Worlds
1. Casual Worlds: OOC
2. Casual Worlds: Interest Checks
3. Casual Worlds: News
4. Casual Meta World (Name?)

D. Advanced Worlds
1. Advanced Worlds: OOC
2. Advanced Worlds: Interest Checks
3. Advanced Worlds: News
4. Advanced Meta World (Name?)

E. Universal Coliseum
1. Universal Tournaments: OOC
2. Universal Tournaments: Interest Checks
3. Universal Tournaments: News

F. Questions/Suggestions

This is my outline for a Persistent Universe. Okay, this outline allows people to make their own worlds however they want and manage characters however they want to do it. It is set up just like normal RPs with the exception that with each world, players will set up 3 things; 1.) A World 2.) News for the World 3.)An OOC for that world. This way, people can come and go from the worlds freely yet when they come to the world, they can know what is going on by the 'News' and 'OOC'. There is also the three different sections so that people of any level of RPing can play, as well as Meta-Worlds for each of those. Characters will simply connect to a Meta World and from there allow them to transfer to any of the worlds within that section. There is then the Larger Meta-World which will be like the center of the universe basically where you can interact between the levels if people so wish. Also, to make sure that characters are appropriate for different worlds, there will be an 'rule', I think I am going to give it a special name, but it is a universal rule where the NPC (Which GMs in each world will create as a 'Ruler' for that world will dictate whether certain people can enter a world---As if you were playing a regular Roleplay where the GM decides if your character is compatible or not. There is also the Colosseum Worlds where it is strictly for battle so other worlds aren't destroyed, yet it still allows those characters in there to move out and go to other worlds. Each Meta-World will be governed over by a Persistent Universe Mod, while the actual worlds are governed by the creators. Basically, it is like normal RP with any kind of genre you want when you create a world, and then the difference is, you can mix and intertwine them based on the rules of the people...This will also cut down on the heavy reading that past Persistent Worlds have had which have only confused people and led them to be uninterested.

I think I covered it all....any questions?

5Default Re: Persistent Universe GOES VIRAL! Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:30 pm

Bunnay

Bunnay
Mod
Mod

1.) We were going to stick to just one main world, with minimal space travel for sci-fi lovers.

2.) We don't want to separate people by level of roleplay.

<.< I should have said the first one when you said "Universe"-- coulda saved you the trouble.

However, I do like the set-up despite everything. But in the end we are probably going to end up separating by genre or location.

Persistent World

Section: NEWS/INFO
*News
*PW information
Section: Character sheets
*About Character sheets
*person a
*person b
Section: IN CHARACTER
-The islands
(Description here)
*OOC
*IC

-The city in the sky
(Description here)
*OOC
*IC

-The underground city
(Description here)
*OOC
*IC

-The Underwater City Atlantis
(Description here)
*OOC
*IC

-The Classical Fantasy Forest
(Description here)
*OOC
*IC

-Ect, ect ect ect
*OOC
*IC

-Realms
*OOC
*Demon IC (description)
*Spirit IC(description)

-Space travel
*OOC
*Station IC (description)
*world a IC(description)
*world b IC(description)

^ that's kind of what it would look like.

6Default Re: Persistent Universe GOES VIRAL! Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:35 pm

Guru

Guru

No. I don't think that is going to go over well to be honest. If you don't split it then its going to throw off attention because those people that are on a lower level of RPing are simply going to be too intimidated to get into an RP with someone better. Also, one world will make it too strict and make it hard to split genres.

7Default Re: Persistent Universe GOES VIRAL! Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:38 pm

Bunnay

Bunnay
Mod
Mod

The reason I dont want to separate by level is because we're already doing a great deal of dividing things up and any more is going to push people AWAY, not bring them in. PW is a chance for everyone to interact-- if people who only write a few sentences don't want to take that chance, that's on them. But it takes too much effort and too much thought to divide everyone up.

Secondly, keeping everything MAINLY on one planet will help organize things at a slow pace. If we get too far ahead of ourselves we'll f.uck everything up. Dudel, despite his rude behavior, made a valid point earlier when he basically said "Don't bite more than you can chew." -- maybe later into this we can add more onto it, but for now I think it would be a really bad idea to have more than one main planet that everyone frequents.

8Default Re: Persistent Universe GOES VIRAL! Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:43 pm

Guru

Guru

That is where I think you are wrong. This format is something familiar to all RPers on Guild because it is basically what the guild uses...At the same time...it will allow people to shift between Roleplays and planets using the same character and only if they want to, they can go into other areas with different leveled RPer. This is NOT complicated. This is like the absolute most basic setup possible really for a Persistent World.

9Default Re: Persistent Universe GOES VIRAL! Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:44 pm

Bunnay

Bunnay
Mod
Mod

I just really think that splitting by level is a bad, bad, bad idea. That'd be like having THREE versions of PW. One for Basic, one for Casual, and one for Advanced. People wouldn't be able to keep track if they wanted to switch around all the time.

10Default Re: Persistent Universe GOES VIRAL! Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:48 pm

Guru

Guru

That is why each planet has it's own 'News' so that when you switch you can keep track of what is going on there. Basically it will be three Persistent Worlds, but they have the possibility of coming together...so that if a basic person decides he/she wants to go up to casual then he/she can do that. But it also allows advanced RPers to not worry about lower level RPers that 'don't know what they are doing'.

11Default Re: Persistent Universe GOES VIRAL! Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:52 pm

Bunnay

Bunnay
Mod
Mod

It sounds like you're just remaking the guild and squishing it into the PW section, hun. Lancrist said that last night, and while I wasn't meaning it like that, now I think I see what he meant. If we had everything divided up like that with multiple planets, not only would it be ridiculously confusing, but it'd be too big of a thing to take on when we've just started-- even with news we'd never be able to keep track of everything and I think people would be put off by all the separation.

It's not going to hurt everyone to roleplay together with other levels. I'm sure people will create cliques on their own if they are so picky about who they roleplay with. Besides, if you don't want to roleplay with someone then just don't! It's that simple.

Another thing is, even if we did have multiple planets people could play- dividing the IC by planet would be REALLY confusing. Say someone from Planet A enters Planet A IC and posts, but the post before his/hers is completely irrelevent. People are going to be confused as hell. That's why separating by GENRE will help keep everything related post wise.

12Default Re: Persistent Universe GOES VIRAL! Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:58 pm

Guru

Guru

Ok. I can see what you mean by the sections, but not by the worlds. Genre sections is just silly, and will be exactly what you said the worlds would be. The worlds on the other hand will be just like regular Roleplaying where the genre is pretty much set. Your talking about splitting it by 'locations' but locations do not determine the genre, and you will have multiple stories in one of your 'genres/locations' where as a world controlled by a roleplayer would set the Genre and storyplot an ect...

13Default Re: Persistent Universe GOES VIRAL! Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:00 pm

Bunnay

Bunnay
Mod
Mod

Actually the way we've set it up so far, Location does determine the genre and the technology, AND the magic use.

I don't think you are seeing what I'm seeing. The planet thing will be VERY confusing. If we separate by genre, you know every post is going to be relevent to the genre, unlike if we had multiple worlds.

14Default Re: Persistent Universe GOES VIRAL! Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:04 pm

Guru

Guru

It is the same thing really, except your taking the ability from the RPers and hoping that you can come up with every possible 'location'. I can see what your saying about the worlds being confusing, but really it is more straight shot compared to the locations. Locations, you need to find the way to get from one area to another...while if you just put space dividing it...you can use Meta-Worlds to just basically instantly transport them to other worlds...

15Default Re: Persistent Universe GOES VIRAL! Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:06 pm

Bunnay

Bunnay
Mod
Mod

If we did that it kinda defeats the purpose of the planets at all. We wanted to do it to please the sci-fi audiences who were into that space stuff. Unless you wanna make every world represent a different genre, I don't think it would work. For example;

World A: Steampunk
World B: Fantasy
Ect

But even then, it takes away a lot of the ideas we had already come up with.

16Default Re: Persistent Universe GOES VIRAL! Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:09 pm

Guru

Guru

That is what I mean...each world has a different Genre. And of course it is going to take away some of the things we have already worked on, but honestly it will be worth it since we are going to make RPers more able to use their own ideas to create a world rather than sticking to pre-determined locations.

17Default Re: Persistent Universe GOES VIRAL! Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:13 pm

Bunnay

Bunnay
Mod
Mod

I don't think it's worth throwing away all the stuff we've decided.

But we'll have to let other people give their opinions on it too.

The planets = genre thing kinda puts me off, to be honest.

18Default Re: Persistent Universe GOES VIRAL! Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:16 pm

Guru

Guru

Thats really the only way to do it though. If you don't let people make their own completely different world and culture, then really you might as well go designate which characters that they can and cannot use, because their characters won't be able to have attributes that go against your 'One World'.

19Default Re: Persistent Universe GOES VIRAL! Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:18 pm

Bunnay

Bunnay
Mod
Mod

That's not true at all. The way we've set it up so far leaves plenty of room for characters to be creative. We're hardly set any guidelines at all, just giving locations and genre to go with it, and that's pretty much it.

No, we're not giving people 100% to do whatever they want. I originally thought that'd be the best idea but I've thought on it and Dudel said something that broke the ice for me; "Don't let them do whatever they want". Sure, giving people freedom to choose is great but not for -everything-. Yes, most of this PW will be "Choose your own adventure" type thing, but we will have some vague guidelines set up to keep people in line.

20Default Re: Persistent Universe GOES VIRAL! Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:20 pm

Guru

Guru

Yea...and now your moving right back to what Persistent world was. Your simply giving everything new names and calling it good.

21Default Re: Persistent Universe GOES VIRAL! Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:23 pm

Bunnay

Bunnay
Mod
Mod

I think you are thinking about it all wrong, hun.

The last PW didn't work because:

1.) Too many limitations
2.) Too much obligation
3.) Not enough free reign
4.) Nothing to move it along

In this PW we've got all kinds of different genre's set up, we've got pre planned locations to give inspiration for character created plots; there's NO obligation for anyones characters, you can make as many as you like and you don't have to be accepted or declined. And it is free reign.

The only thing we're disagreeing on is the fact that you want multiple active planets and division by level.

And I just don't think it's gonna run smoothly like that.

22Default Re: Persistent Universe GOES VIRAL! Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:27 pm

Guru

Guru

As I have already said, I know what you mean by the levels thing, but every reason you are giving me that says it is wrong to use 'worlds' goes against everything on that list. That list is the only reason I think it is better to go with worlds otherwise I'd be all for one world as well.

23Default Re: Persistent Universe GOES VIRAL! Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:30 pm

Bunnay

Bunnay
Mod
Mod

Okay, I'm gonna try and make it simple to understand:

The last PW is closed.

We're starting a new one.

We DON'T want to bite more than we can chew.

If we go making multiple planets there's going to be so much ground to cover, and we'll have traffic control problems. What if people like one planet more than the other and the other planet gets completely abandoned?

Now, if we have ONE main planet, that's enough to start us off. That's enough ground to cover until we are running stable and not on the verge of dying like the last PW.

We want to start off as SIMPLE and SMALL as possible.

24Default Re: Persistent Universe GOES VIRAL! Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:32 pm

Guru

Guru

Ok. Simple. Got it.

No Interest.

25Default Re: Persistent Universe GOES VIRAL! Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:34 pm

Bunnay

Bunnay
Mod
Mod

._.
Now I feel baaaad.
GRR. Hun I'm not trying to be a b.itch or anything,
I'm just trying to explain things you know...
You know I <3 you ):
I'm not saying other planets are 100% no
Maybe later when things are stable, is what I'm saying.
When we've got a steady mass of roleplayers we can make all the frikken planets we want.
xD

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next